Location: London or Kitchener
Full-time or part-time
Highview is not a regular retirement home and this is not your regular job. Our ratios are amongst the lowest in the city and you have the chance to work closely with each resident, without strict schedules and care regimens.
Highview Residences is a very special home for people with dementia. This secure home is purpose-built with a unique design that is just like your home only bigger: private bedroom and bathroom, small dining room, walking gardens and truly person-centred care.
The ideal candidate for this position will be a positive, creative, flexible person who puts the needs of the residents first. You will work with cooperation and kindness with the other members of the care team, under the supervision of the nurse in charge.
Shifts & Availability: We are currently receiving resumes for qualified candidates with a minimum of 1-year of experience as a certified DSW. Shifts will be to a recurring 6-week Master Schedule and include a rotation of days and afternoons – or – straight over night.
- Personal care for residents with dementia, including bathing, dressing, toileting, feeding, making breakfasts and snacks, laundry, housekeeping, cueing, redirecting, mental stimulation and other tasks as assigned
- Attend all Highview training and associate meetings
- Mandatory: PSW,DSW, HCA certificate and a minimum of 1 year experience working with the population served
- Must be available to work all shifts including days and afternoons OR straight over-nights (11pm-07)
- An understanding of the needs and realities of the elderly, including matters of mobility and communication, such as Alzheimer’s Disease and related dementia
- Have a current vulnerable persons check
- Safe food handlers certificate, CPR and GPA required
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to adapt to frequently changing and challenging situations
Please: no services, no drop-off of resume and no phone calls.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $18.41 – $18.96 /hour
How to apply:
For a position in London, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a position in Kitchener, email email@example.com.
Put PSW/DSW/HCA in the subject line.